Social Media Buttons

11.26.2012

FALL to WINTER DECOR

I've always liked interior design but not until the past year did I really try and make my home more personal.  I fed my interior design need by watching shows like, Trading Spaces and browsing through magazines or Crate & Barrel's website. Now that I live in a house I really like I'm beginning to embrace design in my own space.  One thing that I have learned is no matter where you live, your budget or whatever, decorating your living space to your own taste is a total must!

I decorated with pumpkins and silver touches to contrast against my dark wood furniture this autumn.



 Now that Thanksgiving has passed, I couldn't resist putting out some Xmas decorations. I like to wait until after Turkey Day to put out anything Xmas related, including lights. I think it totally takes away from the Thanksgiving holiday, but that's just my opinion.


I love my white snowflake candle holders, scored from Target, next to my bubble mercury glass tea light holders. However, my mantle is a big issue!  I live in a craftsman style house and the windows are bordered by white painted wood. Should I paint the mantle white to make it more cohesive? or dark brown to match the bigger furniture pieces? Perhaps more photos would help? What do you guys think?



No comments:

Post a Comment