Social Media Buttons

8.21.2013

DIY Silver Leaf Foil Moleskine Notebook

I have always love Moleskine notebooks but for some reason I have never owned one.  Well I finally did it, i bought them!! Now to decorate and make them my own with some silver leaf foil.  Here's how I did it.

Start with your favorite Moleskine notebook (or any other) blank book.

Apply adhesive in your favorite pattern. I chose stripes and triangles. I like using the pen that comes in a kit with the foil. I got mine from Michaels.




Gently lay a piece of silver leaf over the adhesive and tap down with a soft foam or bristle brush. After you've waited 5-10 min for it to become tacky lift off the strip of foil and you should have silver foil attached to wherever you placed your glue. Use your brush again to gently tap the silver onto the adhesive just for good measure. 





Gently rub off the excess foil with your brush apply a glossy sealant and your done! I used a clear glossy sealant from Valspar. I changed my mind about the triangles, so i just reapplied some glue and foiled over those gigantic triangles. No need to aim for perfection. I like the little pieces of peek-a-boo purple through the foil.


Have fun with your pattern and make them your own! I carry mine around with me in my purse for all those brilliant little notes that I don't want to forget : )

No comments:

Post a Comment